Triumvirate Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epilogue - Valonia Agonis

Go down

Epilogue - Valonia Agonis Empty Epilogue - Valonia Agonis

Post by Agathon Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:44 am

“I hope your leg doesn’t start to magnetize to the fridge.” The tall, old father looked to his daughter, chuckling. Valonia laughed in response, looking to her father. “Well, it’ll make me look badass. Plus, it could give me plenty of functions I never had before. I’ll even tweak it myself.” Navelon pats his daughter on her shoulder. “You always were good with that tech stuff I never bothered to figure out.” The two stopped in front of a prosthetics shop. Valonia smirked, eager to see what she could get her hands on. She walked in, her father following close behind her, looking at the wide selection of legs for Turians.

“Spirits, there’s so many!” Valonia exclaimed, with Navelon looking around different parts of the selection. “I’m glad we can pay for these, this looks.. Overwhelming, Val, do you know what’s going on with any of these?” He turned around, watching his daughter examine each leg as she browsed, trying to figure out which was right for her. “Yeah, I know what to look for.. Here we are.” She’d pull out a leg her size, comparing it with her temporary prosthetic, nodding to herself. “This is it.” Navelon nodded, giving her a thumb up as she went to the kiosk, purchasing the prosthetic. She came back to him as they left the store, Valonia eyeing the new leg intently, she looked up to her father. “Wanna help me out with this?” Navelon nodded with an eager expression. “Do ya even need to ask? Of course I do!”

The two found a bench to sit by as they walked throughout the busy wards, Valonia popped off her outdated leg, waiting for Navelon to slide the new one in. She’d take the reins after, sealing the leg to her body and connecting it properly. Once she felt it fit in, she stood up, testing it by walking around. Her face lit up ecstatically as she began to use her newfound freedom to run around, cheering out in joy. Navelon smiled as he watched his daughter regain the mobility she’d lost. Valonia grabbed her father by the arms and dragged him off the bench. “Hey, c’mon, dad, let’s move! I’ll race you!” Navelon chuckled. “Val, I’m a bit old to be running across the wards-” His words cut off as his daughter sprinted, laughing along the way. The man smirked, trying to keep up with his daughter in a jog.

Valonia would breathe heavily after exhausting herself of her energy, leaning against a nearby wall, Navelon would show up shortly afterward, crossing his arms. “You never did like standing still much.” Valonia held a finger up to him as she caught her breath, looking to him. “Runs in the family.” Navelon would smile, wrapping his arms around his daughter in a hug. “I’m so happy for you, Val.” Valonia was surprised, but accepting of the hug. She brought her arms around him in return. “Thanks, dad. We did it.” Navelon pushed himself back, looking over his daughter and her new form. “That you did. I’m so proud of you, I knew you were bound to do something amazing. You are an Agonis, after all.”

Valonia pulled her arm together in a flex, responding with an enthusiastic “And I’m damn proud of it.” Navelon leaned himself beside the same wall, looking at the busy bodies around the ward. “Y’know, I was right about you staying there, though.” Valonia looked down lightly, then turned around to a view of the arms of the Citadel, gazing at the space and stars shown between them. “I know. I just had to stay and see this fight through. For me, for Arg. Even the crew. I wanted to do what you wanted with C-Sec, fix everything and set it all right.”

Navelon looks over to the view of the stars with her. “I gave up on that dream a while ago. Had over seventy years to figure that all out.. Makes me real happy knowing you did what I couldn’t. You’re a hero!” Valonia waved him off, smiling. “Okay, maybe, but it took a lot to get there. Took a lot of energy and will, but I stuck through it and made it out to the end okay.” Navelon nodded. “I’m glad you managed to restore that crew to the 2nd MSRC I used to know. You and Arg.” Valonia shrugged. “Arglack did most of the work. Couldn’t have done it without him.” Navelon bumped her on the shoulder, looking to her. “C’mon, you gotta give yourself some more credit, Val.” She’d laugh “Okay, okay!”.

As she calmed down to a more somber tone, she looked to her father. “After everything that happened, Dad.. I’m glad you’re okay. All this made me realize just how much I have. I mean it, thank you for everything you’ve ever done for me. They won’t ever get you again, I promise. I won’t let them.” Navelon looked to his daughter, smiling. “Ah, shit, you know how to treat your old man well. Don’t worry yourself about that, Val, I’m still here, and I’m still kickin’. Besides, not like anybody’s really after me anymore. Also helps that I can still kick some ass.” Valonia chuckled, saying “That you can, dad.”

The two had a moment of silence to stare at the view, before Valonia got a ping on her omni-tool. “Oh, right, I’ve got to show him! Hey, Dad, gotta go, he’s calling me.” Navelon looked over, nodding. “Yeah, of course! You need anythin’, call me! I’m at the house too if anything!” Valonia stepped away, giving her father a quick hug before running off, looking back to yell out “You got it!” She waved as she moved, Navelon doing the same from his position. He’d look to the people moving throughout the wards one last time in silence before making his way back.
Agathon
Agathon

Back to top Go down